Our Whole Lives (OWL)
- The Our Whole Lives (OWL) yearlong Sex and Relationship program.
- This program, jointly created by the United Church of Christ and the Unitarian Universalist Association, helps teens make informed and responsible decisions about their relationships, health, and behavior in the context of their faith.
- We encourage all of our youth to participate in the program once between 7th and 9th grade.
- The Director of Christian Nurture will work with families to find a local program that works. In the past we have used programs in Lexington, Bedford, Concord, and Boxborough.
- Whenever possible participation is coordinated among a group of you and carpooling is arranged.
- Typically teens are confirmed towards the beginning of their High School career.
- They “confirm” or reaffirm as adults, the promises made by their parents at their Baptism. So they become full adult members of the Congregation.
- The Confirmation process helps prepare teens to be adults of faith.
- Our church offers confirmation every other year.
- Our program is tailored to the youth and families involved in the program. It typically includes meeting for dinner and conversation twice a month.