- The Our Whole Lives (OWL) yearlong Sex and Relationship program.
- This program, jointly created by the United Church of Christ and the Unitarian Universalist Association, helps teens make informed and responsible decisions about their relationships, health, and behavior in the context of their faith.
- To participate 9th graders must start in September and there is a mandatory parent orientation gathering on Sunday, September 15, 2013 from 7-9 pm. Please contact Pastor John before then if you and your teen are interested.
- Classes are Sunday mornings from 9:30am – 11:15 am starting September 20, 2013 at First Church, UCC.
- We share leadership and students with First Parish UUA Bedford.
We also welcome High School students as part of a Sunday School teaching team.
- Typically teens are confirmed at the end of or after their 9th grade year.
- They “confirm” or reaffirm as adults, the promises made by their parents at their Baptism. So they become full adult members of the Congregation.
- The Confirmation process helps prepare teens to be adults of faith.
High School Youth Group:
- Sunday evenings 6:30 – 8:30 pm.
- For all High School students and 8th graders. We don’t require that families have a relationship with First Church for teens to be involved.
- Plans for the year include a mix of fun, service, and faith and self-exploration programs including a retreat.
- 9th graders who wish to be confirmed should plan to attend the Youth Group.