Starting at 10am on the first Sunday of the month and after the “Children’s Message” of the 10 am worship service the other Sundays of the month, we offer a Faith Education Program.
Our theme for the 2013-2014 Program Year is “Becoming Promise Travelers” The schedule is:
- September – The First Promise Travelers; Abraham and Sarah
- October – Teach Me To Pray; The Lord’s Prayer and other ways to pray.
- November and December – For Unto Us A Child Is Born; The Prophecies of the Messiah
- January and February – Gems of the Kingdom, Parables and Stories of Jesus
- March and April –Delivered By God, Passover to Communion
- After Easter through May – All You Need Is Love, Two Great Commandments
Each unit covers a story or theme for 4 to 7 weeks. Each week it is explored through one of our “workshops” that intentionally focus on a variety of learning methods using creative and interactive learning activities. The workshops are:
- The Mountain Top Experience (the big overview, getting excited through story and actions).
- Martha’s and Mary’s Kitchen (cooking)
- Elijah’s Cave (science experiments, nature, and games)
- The Apostle Theater (drama, puppets, movies)
- The Lilies of the Field Studio (visual art and crafts)
- Miriam’s Tent (music and dance)
- Walking With Micah (Service)
- Lydia’s House (storytelling, computers, and exploration)
To find out more about what the children will be learning in the current unit and also find ways to bring faith home, please go to the Resources section of the website.
At some times of the year we offer these children opportunities to lead worship through song, story, words, prayers, and drama. This year’s opportunities will include:
- Sunday, December 8, 2013, 10 am Worship Service “For Unto Us a Child is Born” – from prophecy to the birth of Jesus.
- Christmas Eve, December 24, 2013, 5 pm Worship Service with “All Are Welcome Christmas Pageant.”
- Sunday, June 1, 2014, 10 am Worship Service “All We Need is Love,” led by children, youth, and adults involved in our faith development programs.