On Sunday mornings all 6th, 7th and some 8th graders follow the same schedule as the younger children but their class is completely different. They meet during the Sunday School time to explore faith in a more mature way but still through creative activities including off-site field expeditions and service.
8th Graders have the opportunity to participate with 9th graders in the yearlong Our Whole Lives (OWL) Sex and Relationship program.
- To participate 8th graders must start in September.
- This program, jointly created by the United Church of Christ and the Unitarian Universalist Association, helps teens make informed and responsible decisions about their relationships, health, and behavior in the context of their faith.
- Classes are Sunday mornings from 9:30am – 11:15 am .
- We share leadership and students with First Parish UUA Bedford.
Youth Worship Leading:
The Middle School students usually provide the backbone of our children and youth worship leading.
- Through vocal and instrumental music
- Through helping create the service and/or play
- Through “staring” acting/speaking roles
Once a month 6th, 7th, and 8th graders meet outside of Sunday mornings for social and fun activities and service events often on a Friday evening.
8th Graders are also invited to participate in the High School Youth Group which meets Sunday evenings.